Tuesday, June 10, 2014

So, Retirement Begins......

December 20, 2013 - Laura's last day at the University of Florida

Retirement (actually just leaving one place of employment for another) seemed to be far away and then RUSH upon me! All of a sudden there was so much to do!!  Finishing classes, grades, processing paperwork, trying to get retirement savings in place, and saying good-bye to so many friends.  I even had to dump years of lectures, papers, even a paper copy of my dissertation and all the research articles supporting it.  Don't worry, I have electronic copy of almost all of them!
My Retirement Luncheon

I was so thankful for my wonderful colleagues at the College and at Shands University Hospital (Shands Health System at Gainesville) for the fantastic good-byes.  It was sad to leave.

The most wonderful result was NO WORK OVER THE HOLIDAYS, preparing for the next semester.  I think that was the first time in more than 20 years!  So what a relaxing Christmas this year!



June 5, 2014 - Joel's last day at Littlewood Elementary School

Oh!  I wish I had pictures and audio to describe the wonderful send-off Littlewood gave Joel!  They had a catered lunch and a time of sharing their thoughts about Joel!  It was a blessing. Joel and all the other teachers and staff had a hard time saying "good-bye." What was so unusual was that Joel was able to constantly give testimony to his Christian faith at a public school!  Praise God!







No comments:

Post a Comment